Student Speaker Competition
Members of the graduating Class of 2023 are invited to enter the Student Speaker Competition for the chance to address their classmates and other members of the GW community at the May 21, 2023, university-wide Commencement on the National Mall.
To enter the competition, please submit in the form below, by Wednesday, February 22:
- A biography (maximum 150 words)
- Text of the speech you would deliver at Commencement if you are selected
- Vimeo or YouTube link of you delivering your speech (maximum length of three minutes)
Ten applicants’ videos will be judged by GW students in an online public voting round. Up to five finalists will be invited to a live audition, in person or via Zoom, in front of a committee of judges from the GW community.
The Commencement student speaker will receive:
- Four seats in the reserved seating section at Commencement on the National Mall
- A photo with Commencement speaker Bryan Stevenson and members of the university’s leadership
The deadline to submit materials is 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22, 2023.