NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Description. The #GWCommencement Cap Decorating Contest (the “Contest”) is an opportunity for members of the GW graduating class of 2017 to share their creativity with the GW community. Entrants can compete by (i) sharing a photo of their cap on social media with the hashtag #GWCommencement or (ii) finding the GW Video Team at Commencement on Sunday, May 21 and participating in a video shoot. A panel of (5) five GW Marketing & Creative Services staff members will select and award prizes to the three most creative entries that best represent graduation, GW, D.C., and/or embarking upon your future.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open to any person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of participation, including GW faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends of the university. The Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule, or regulation. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- How to Enter and Submit. To enter, entrants must post a photo of their cap on social media (using Twitter or Instagram) with the hashtag #GWCommencement or find the GW Video Team on the National Mall at Commencement on Sunday, May 21 and participate in a video.
The period to submit an entry will begin May 1, 2017, at 12:00 AM EST and end May 21, 2017, at 11:59 PM EST (“Submission Period”).Only submissions posted during the Submission Period or filmed by the GW Video Team will be considered for the Contest.
- Selection of Three Winners. A panel of (5) five GW Marketing & Creative Services staff will select and award prizes to the three most creative entries that best represent graduation, GW, D.C. and/or embarking upon your future. The selection of the three winners will be at the discretion of the members of the panel. Winners will be notified no later than Wednesday, May 24 at 11:59 PM EST by email provided when videoed or through the social media platform used by the participant to share the photo.
- Prizes. There will be one (1) first-prize winner, one (1) second-prize winner and one (1) third-prize winner among the entrants who entered submissions. The first-prize winner will receive a GW bag filled with GW-themed items from the bookstore perfect for the summer. The second-prize winner will receive a GW T-shirt and hat. The third-prize winner will receive GW sunglasses. All federal, state, local, and other taxes associated with the acceptance and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. There are no prize substitutions or options available. No prize recipient shall be permitted to replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item or redeem his/her prize or any portion of the prize for cash. Prizes are not transferable. GW reserves the right, exercisable at any time in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. All prize details are at GW’s sole discretion.
- Winner Notification. Prize winners will be contacted by email using the email address provided to the GW Video Team or through the social media platform used to share the photo. GW will attempt to notify the winners no later than Wednesday, May 24 at 11:59 PM EST. GW will make three (3) notification attempts over a 24-hour period and if any winner is not reachable and does not respond to the notification, that winner will be disqualified and, at GW’s discretion, a runner-up may be notified.
Additionally, if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at GW’s discretion, an applicable runner-up will be notified no later than Wednesday, May 24 at 11:59 PM EST. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s). If, during either the entry period, for reasons beyond the GW’s control, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, GW, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability and to the extent feasible, will determine winners and award prizes among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. GW is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays.
- License. By participating, all entrants grant to GW an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up royalty free license to the submissions created and submitted during participation in the Contest with the right to use, make, have made, produce, reproduce, copy, and distribute for any non-commercial or academic purpose, in the United States and throughout the world.
- Release of Liability and Issues of Law. By participating, all entrants and voters release GW and its respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inconsistent, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, undelivered, or garbled submissions; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet service provider, website; or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the submission, or the announcement of the prizes. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by GW, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the Contest be, in GW’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the GW, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, GW reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion and to the extent possible, determine winners from all eligible submissions received prior to action.
This Promotion is governed by all applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE LOCAL AND FEDERAL COURTS OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE ENTER STATE NAME SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- Communications. If you have any questions or comments regarding the Contest, contact: email@example.com.